Peter Lau Remo Roto-Tom Cocktail Kit Project

jmettam
Site Admin

Peter Lau Remo Roto-Tom Cocktail Kit Project

Post by jmettam »

Our intrepid experimenter Peter Lau has taken some 'what ifs' from the message forum and created some new contraptions. This time it's Cocktail Drums using Remo Roto-Toms included are an 18" kick (standard sideways kick) a 16" kick (the upside-down contraption with cocktail pedal) and a Roto-Cocktail Snare (single headed drum with brush snare attached from underneath).

- Go Peter!

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

That is cool. I think roto toms RULE. Is the black rack made from PVC pipe and what is the 18" bass drum rack made from. Keep up the good work as you are always coming up with something new and innovative. :lol:
PETER

RACKS!

Post by PETER »

Yes,the whole material for the Black Rack is PVC(Pipes,U joint)because it's light & cheap.For this PVC rack project,All I need is just a Saw and the PVC glue(Make sure you try and fix the whole rack system correctly, than apply the glue.Cause you can't remove the pipe anymore once it dry!)The whole rack is very solid even under hard playing!Ya!the PVC pipe is white colour,I respray it!(Flat Black).As for the 18"Roto's stand.It's the Remo "U"bar attached to a self made Matel Plate "Base".I use the Remo "U"bar is because,I can easily adjust the 18"roto to get the correct bass beater position! :D
PETER
fw

Post by fw »

Peter, you need to send pictures of your cocktail sets to Modern Drummer. Your collection is a sure thing for the drumset of the month. Way to go!

Will
PETER

thks!

Post by PETER »

Hi,Will!
Thanks a lot. :D I will do it.
PETER